Re: [TR] Wedge front springs

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Wedge front springs
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:54:36 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/2007 9:21:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TR250Driver@aol.com writes:

Me 80  TR8 sits too low upfront and bottoms out when I
go over a good size bump  at speed.  This is in spite of the fact that I
replaced everything up  there a few years ago with new springs and Konis.  It
was
sitting too  low from that point on.  I am thinking about going back in there
but
I want the right stuff.

What springs did you get that make it sit so low? - hope you put bump stops
on those Konis in the front - you can bend one or destroy the valving if it
bottoms without bump stops.
I agree with Dave about Ted's springs

BTW Jack, throw in a couple of Spits, GT6, 4 speed TR7  gearboxes along with
your TR6 & TR8 shift patterns and then you have  arrived into CRS land.  The
only tway I survive is those handy  original knobs with the shift pattern on
them.

yep - that's why I always lift my hand before I shift into reverse - and I
didn't mention my wife's car - it has a thing you have to pull up to get in
reverse and the clutch is so light I can't drive it in traffic without stalling

it

oh well

Cheers,
Jack Mc