Re: [TR] Alternator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Alternator
From: <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:03:21 -0400 (EDT)
Crabby observed:
> When night comes and I am using lights, at idle I have
> to keep the car @ 100 rpm to get the turn signals to keep
> working.

100 rpm?  You must (thump) have some (thump) really big (thump) flywheel in
(thump) that motor (thump) for it (thump) to idle that (thump) slowly!  [Surely
you mean 1000?]

I would think that the battery should be able to drive the turn signals no
matter how slowly the alternator was running.  This sounds more like a problem
with bad connectors somewhere, perhaps at your battery terminal or ground
strap.  Does the battery stay charged enough for the car to start okay?
--
Jim Muller

===     http://www.vtr.org