RE: [TR] TR6 Electric Fuel pump conversion

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 Electric Fuel pump conversion
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:45:15 -0700
> My experience with it is probably not the best as I found
> that the Holley
> regulator was producing inconsistent pressure.

I've heard the same thing from other people ... basically many regulators
don't work well with very low pressure drops across the regulator.  So IMO,
you should either use a pump that produces the pressure you need (the little
"clicker" Facet has worked very well for me without a regulator); or a pump
that produces substantially more pressure than you need, combined with a
regulator to drop the pressure.

I agree an electric pump makes a worthwhile spare to carry on long trips.
Easy to make a roadside conversion if your original pump fails, and also
potentially handy for transferring fuel if need be.  But I wouldn't convert
just to "improve" the car.  I've driven a lot of miles in various Triumphs,
and only electric pumps have failed so badly I couldn't limp home (or to a
gas station).  The mechanical fuel pump is just one of the many ways a TR3
is better than a MGA, IMO.

Randall

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its
affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to
third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic
mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

===     http://www.vtr.org