Re: [TR] TR lifters

To: Dave1massey@cs.com, terryrs@adelphia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR lifters
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 16:29:15 EST
In a message dated 1/12/2007 7:02:28 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Dave1massey@cs.com writes:

That  works for accidents, too.  A friend of mine always says that an
accident
is going to happen at a give place at a give time so the less time you  spend
in any one place the less likely you will have an  accident.

Dave

Careful with that reasoning.  I know you were joking but I know  a company
that runs a fleet of trucks and one was involved in a fatality  accident.  A
young lady and her child veered across a median into oncoming  traffic, hit one
of their trucks and both were killed.

The family sued and in court it came out that the truck was moving at 3-5
mph over the posted speed limit.  The attorney argued successfully that if  the
truck had not been speeding they would not have been at that place at that
time, and the lady might not have hit anyone.

It cost the company many thousands of dollars.

Robert B.  Houston

63 TR4
73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT

A dream will always  Triumph over reality, once it is given the chance.
Stanislaw  Lem

===     http://www.vtr.org