[TR] TR3 door seal trigomomety

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 door seal trigomomety
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:59:55 -0500
Thanks for the welcome comments regarding method for floorpan welding!  On to
more...

Some time ago I ordered a bottom door seal from
 TRF for my TR3.  All my original door seals have long since rotted off.
However, not seeing any in their more recent catalogs convinced me to order
the other side's bottom door seal from Moss.  I also ordered both upper-curved
door seals from Moss.
        The order from Moss came today and I was somewhat surprised to find that
while they are designed the same shape, the Moss ordered bottom door seal is
about 25% smaller than the TRF bottom door seal.
        I was also surprised to see that the curved upper door seal differs in
design
from the bottom door seal.  The uppers were hollow having a hole running thru
them.  The Workshop Manual (Body section, p.7) shows the right upper seal
minus the hole. If one considers the Workshop Manual's upper seal to look like
a stripped sock, the toe of which would be pointing outside.
        Unfortunatly, the Workshop Manual does not mention anything about the
bottom
door seal.  In my infinite wisdom I mounted it like this:
        If one discounts the Railroad Track that the small cleats clamp run on
the
basic side view of the rubber resembles a right triangle.  If you say that the
right-angle attaches to holes in the metal (with the railroad tracks) then the
hypotenuse (opposite side from the right angle) slopes toward the outside of
the car.
  I'm pretty sure this is right.  Does anyone dare to differ with the (51yo)
boy who's never driven a Triumph before?  Can they describe it in a better
way?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3