[TR] TR3 - lower wishbone removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 - lower wishbone removal
From: ray@raysmg.com
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:33:45 -0700
I'm rebuilding the front suspension on my TR3. The passenger side is
complete; no problems. I have the driver's side almost completely
disassembled. The shock, spring, spring pan, upper wishbone, vertical
link/trunion, and lower trailing wishbone piece are out. All that
remains is the forward lower wishbone arm. As I try to remove it, as I
did on the passenger side, it comes in contact with the large hex nut
on the bottom of the steering box. There is no way to get it off with
the nut in place. (I have a photo if needed)

Is it necessary to remove the nut to get the lower wishbone off? Is more
than removal of the nut necessary, i.e., unbolting and relocating the
entire steering box/column? If the nut is removed are their other
implication relative to the steering box, such as fluid loss?

Thanks in advance,

Ray

Ray McCaleb
ray@raysmg.com