[TR] How much oil do you put in?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] How much oil do you put in?
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 05:46:08 -0800 (PST)
Happy New Year List!
Well, I'm back on line again, & will be trying to
catch-up on a backlog of about 2 months of TRIUMPH
Digest readings, for the next month+.

To give my input on this subject is something a person
told me that was told to him, & so on. I think you can
get the idea.
Full up you engine close to the 'Full mark'. Then
check it on a regular bases. The oil level will go
down, but hopefully NOT to the 'Add mark'. Usally, the
oil will lower to apoint & then stay there. THAT's the
POINT of 'Normal Oil Level'.        If you add more
oil to the full mark, then it will only disapate back
to the 'Normal Oil Level'.  BUT if the 'Normal Oil
Level' (NOL) goes down 'below this mark to the 'Add'
mark, then you should add oil again into the engine,
but there's no need to go higher than the 'NOL',
because it will only disapate again, back down to the
'NOL'.

I have found this to be a nice rule to follow. But I
also added the Justin Wanger Sump Pump Gasket, This
will cause the ORGINIAL markings to change [as reitten
in his manual]. Therefore, I made new marks on the Dip
Stick to end up with the correct 'Oil Range' marked as
well as the ORGINIAL markings.

I also made a small hole at the NEW'NOL' mark, for
easier reading. But then I'm NOT a concors person. ;>)

PS- J. Kurtis- Nice job on the calendar!

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org