Re: [TR] Tipping Valve

To: bahodge80@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Tipping Valve
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:31:16 EST
In a message dated 12/28/2006 2:22:37 PM Central Standard Time,
bahodge80@yahoo.com writes:
>     Hi all,
>       I've never been on the list and I am not sure just how this  works so
> I'm just going to jump right to the point.
>       I own a TR 250, I got a brake master cylinder repair kit  from Moss.
>       I have removed the master cylinder from the car.
>       In the workshop manual it says push the master cylinder  secondary
> plunger in slightly and take out the tipping valve.
>   My problem is that it looks like I need a giant Allen wrench to take out
> the  tipping valve.
>       I tried use a bolt head of the proper diameter to remove it  but it
> seems like its too hard, and I dont want to break anything.
>       How do I get it out?

Well, you can get a giant Allen wrench.  I have one.  And I've used it once.
Or you can get a coupling nut that fits and use a regular wrench on the end
that protrudes.  The coupler nut will be much less expensive but it won't be as
strong as a proper wrench and if the retainer nut is particularly tight there
might be a problem.  But since coupler nuts are available at your local
hardware store it is worth a try.

Good luck

Dave Massey
57 TR3