Re: [TR] 1/8" alum. foil padding

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] 1/8" alum. foil padding
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 18:00:15 -0500
It may be of interest how I tackled this wet problem.   I laid
soundproofing on the floor which was stuck down by a very aggressive
glue.  The material lent itself to being squeezed hard against the
floor so water ingress would be tough.  However, I put on top of this
a SINGLE sheet of 'stuff' that was cut big enough to have
'walls'  This created a big sort of dish with no place for water to
leak (unless you had a deluge !!).   The walls were then lapped by
the soundproofing used on the sides.

By the bye that bubble stuff sucks !!!!!  Noise is stopped by mass so
light stuff is useless.   Vibration is stopped by sticking mass to it
(as seen in many cars).  I sell the stuff as used in cars - and that
is what I used above.  Contact me off list and I will send you info