Re: [TR] Fw: Emmisions equipment removal

To: edconn@cableone.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Fw: Emmisions equipment removal
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:48:35 EST
In a message dated 11/20/2006 10:27:42 PM Central Standard Time,
edconn@cableone.net writes:
> I have a '76 TR6 which has had all the emissions controls removed from the
> engine.  Since I live in Idaho, there doesn't seem to be much of a concern
> but
> it does cause the oil to leak around the valve cover and particularly arond
> the oil filler cap...presumably because of the pressure it builds up.  Does
> anyone have any ideas on how to stop this other than re-install the emission
> controls?

What other mods did he make?  If you still have the original carbs all you
have to do is connect a hose from the pipe on the side of the valve cover to
the
ports on the side of the carbs and you will have an active PCV system.  This
will not only reduce the oil leakage but will purge blowby gases from the
crankcase keeping the oil cleaner.

The hose is 1/2 inch and if you get a tee you can use both carbs to maintain
F/R balance.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org