RE: [TR] Battery box liners

To: "list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Battery box liners
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:10:19 -0800
> Thanks for making me aware of the likelyhood of battery box corrosion
> coming from battery acid and not leaking rainwater.  It also sounds
> that if one's regulator and alternator/generator are overcharging
> then the acid may boil out of the battery.  Does the amp gauge
> register this type of situation?

Not directly.  You need to know how long it takes to recharge the battery, so
you can notice that the ammeter is still showing charge long after it should.
This is one of those cases where a voltmeter is better.

>  and how does one fix such a problem as that?

The instructions for calibrating the original TR3 electro-mechanical regulator
are in the workshop manual.  Almost any alternator conversion will have a
solid-state regulator, which just gets replaced when it's defective.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org