RE: [TR] Grease cleaner & DOT 5 brake fluid

To: "'John Wise'" <60TR3A@cox.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Grease cleaner & DOT 5 brake fluid
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:05:51 -0800
> I am planning of going to DOT 5 brake fluid, are their any
> differences in brands I should be aware of??

John, I know only that there are potential differences, but don't know which
brands to recommend (or not).  Probably anything you can buy today will work
fine.

I've used GE brand (bought on close-out) and the stuff TRF sells; both work
fine for me.  I also got some from JCW many years ago that worked fine, but
have no idea what brand or if they still sell the same thing or not.

TRF currently has it on sale for $20/quart, which is a pretty good price
IMO.  P/N SBF32.  Sale ends Dec 31 06.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org