Re: [TR] mounting a special grill in my TR3

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] mounting a special grill in my TR3
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 09:08:25 -0700
Paul Dorsey wrote:

>if I plan to put another kind of grill than the one it has up front let me
>ask, 'how much room will I have to work with or put it in with?...2 inches?

It's about 7" grille to rad in the center, maybe 1.5" of room behind the
grille at the outer ends.

>It's not essential that IT be removable without the apron coming off first, is
>it? (I'd rather have it as unremovable.)

Thinking back... reasons I have removed the grille have been:  to
replace the bumper, to replace the fibreboard shroud, to replace the
wiring harness and to modify the fibrebiard shroud & fit an electric
fan.  If you can avoid having these tasks in your future or are willing
to pull off the apron for any such tasks then I suppose it could be a
unremovable attachment.

Geo