Re: [TR] Weekend "lean" drive

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Weekend "lean" drive
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 11:02:27 -0700
shrack04@netzero.net wrote:

>...in the garage, there is always a gas smell for a day or two.  Could this be
>the gas in the bowls? Do I have a seeping leak that I don't see?  Is this
>normal?

Mine doesn't do that (or else my sense of smell is fading).  To find a small
seepage that may be evaporating before dripping you can use a brown paper towel
(so popular in restrooms in Gas Stations and my old elementary school).

As you blot various components any leak will be immediatley apparent as a brown
spot on the towel.  The bottom of the jets is where I would start.  The glass
bowl on the fuel pump can also seep.

Geo H