RE: [TR] alternator problem 74 TR6

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] alternator problem 74 TR6
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:07:44 -0400
>Not just Lucas ... all car alternator makers (AFAIK) warn against running
>them
>open-circuit.  Certainly Delco does.

I used to teach Aircraft Electrical Systems. Every textbook, manual,
pamphlet, video tape filmstrip, etc. I used as a resource warned against
running an alternator without a battery or mentally-challenged load attached
to the output. But, again, they didn't say why.

John

Microsoft Office Live

===     http://www.vtr.org