Re: [TR] Timing chain - final report TS58324

To: <mrv8q@aim.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Timing chain - final report TS58324
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:48:51 -0400
Hi Kevin,
Great story. Mine goes something like this. Started a search for a 3. The
month when I started nothing was even showing up on ebay. I found a couple
of prospects, 1 in Texas and one in Washington State. Just getting ready to
jump on a plane to Washington, when I heard of a 59 TR3A in storage for 22
years, in garage 5 miles from my house. This owner had 3's in the family
forever. His father still has one in a barn here in PA. Off the road for 30
years. Anyway, he and his father bought all the parts from Susquehanna
Valley White/Triumph in the late 70's early 80's (not sure) when they went
out of business. Along with the car came so many NOS parts, that most of my
car has NOS parts. Some really unusual things. Oh, it came with a spare
engine, 4 transmissions, 1 OD not in the car. When I got it there was no
interior, but had a new carpet set still in the package. That was 2-1/2
years ago. I am about 3-4 weeks away from completion and TS58404L-O will be
resurrected, with many thanks to so many on this list, and of course the
usual high focus players who are always there. We all know who I am talking
about. :o) My car had the very, very rare color combination of red body,
black interior.
Alex