Re: [TR] machining tr3 rotors and drums

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] machining tr3 rotors and drums
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 10:28:27 -0700
I asked this (about drums) on the list a couple of months ago because
the shop I was using needed to knowif mine would be within the legal
limit.  I was unable to find a TR answer, but found some state & federal
Highway Safety sites that have a standard for drums where the max is not
stamped on the drum and the manufacture's spec is unavailable.  For 10
inch drums my recollection was a max of 10.090.

Note -- this was for truck & bus inspection, but it was the only thing
close I could find.  The info was good enough for the shop who just
wanted to cover themselves.

I didn't have to go nearly that large but it gave me a number I could
quote.  Wonder how this compares to the spec on modern drums?

As for discs -- thought this was in the manual though I don't have one
handy.

Geo H