[TR] Hard Choke Issue Resolved!

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Hard Choke Issue Resolved!
From: "Francis P. Gowash" <fpgowash@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:37:17 -0400
Having put up with an almost rediculously difficult to pull choke for heaven
knows how long, I now can actuate it without bending the dash, raising my
blood pressure and vocalizing loudly to unappreciative bystanders.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, but the one from Fred Thomas was the
first I tried and it worked! The pushrod linkage on the front carb arm does
NOT assemble with the lever arm in the center of the fork. The fork should
be on the outside of the arm. I can now pull the choke with one one
arm...WOW and I gained 3 washers thanks to the DPO.

I suppose that there is a mechanical advantage lever action going on here...
although the old way seemed straightforward enough.

Thanks again Fred for your help and the diagram.
This list is great!

Fran
58 TR3A TS32465L

===     http://www.vtr.org