RE: [TR] SPAM at the end of each Triumph Digest

To: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] SPAM at the end of each Triumph Digest
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:59:38 -0700
> Mark B - we're all assuming that you're working your way through this....

I am practically certain that the spam/garbage in question is NOT going through
Mark's server.  In addition to some very effective safeguards he already has in
place; I haven't received any such garbage/spam through the Team.Net server.

More likely, as someone commented before, some spammer has managed to harvest a
collection of list email addresses, perhaps from the address book of a lister
that got inadvertently infected with a virus or trojan horse.  Since it's quite
common for viruses to grab a legitimate email to infect and send out again, it's
not surprising that one put the list as the "From" address.

So, there's really nothing MJB can do about this.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org