Re: [TR] Re: TR6 light switch

To: d spence <dkspence@telus.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: TR6 light switch
From: tr3driver@comcast.net (Randall)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:48:14 +0000
> Interesting. My flash function works with or without the key. Always
> has.  Dan Masters excellent, and very readable colour diagram for the
> 72 TR6 (which I just downloaded) shows power in on a NW wire, out to
> parking/marker lights on red, out to dimmer switch/headlights on blue.
>
> Flasher (high beam) is fed  brown to fuse box, purple to flasher switch
> then blue out to high beams.  Nothing goes through the ignition switch.
>   Time to investigate

It's been commented before that the cars don't seem to follow the factory
diagram in this area.  My (poorly expressed) point was simply that the switch
gets power via different paths, so a bad connection in one path can let the
flash function still work while the regular head/side/tail lamps don't.

As I recall, there was another difference with the factory diagram, having to
do with which beam is illuminated by the flash function.  But I don't recall
the details offhand (and I'm away from my documentation).

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org