[TR] TR3a wiring harness Q?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3a wiring harness Q?
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 10:08:39 -0400
I am making a new wiring harness for my > 60K 3a. So far so good, but:
-how far forward do the harnesses on the inner fenders go before the
connectors for the sub-harnesses that hang from the apron?
If this could be put in terms of "just in frort of the horn mounts" or "8
inches forward from where the apron cross member bolts on", it would help as
the car is pretty much bare right now.
Also pondering whether to use bullet connectors for this, or spades. Has one
been shown to be any more reliable than the other over the course of time? I
am not worried about orginality; I want worry-free motoring.
Thanks,
Jim Wallace
2TS81417L
PS I know Dan Masters recommends no connectors at all to the headlights
however I am going to use some as I want to be able to eventually remove the
apron without having to cut wires.

===     http://www.vtr.org