[TR] RE: Lucas Ignition switches

To: "Mike Denman" <mikedenman@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: [TR] RE: Lucas Ignition switches
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:32:16 -0700
> I believe these Lucas ignition key switches are used on Triumphs
> although my
> current problem is with a Marcos. You can buy the key barrels
> separately so
> what is the "trick" to getting the old barrel and key out and
> replacing it
> with the new barrel and key?

Probably varies with which particular switch you have.  On the original
switch for TR2/3 (and I think TR4 and Herald/Vitesse), you first turn the
barrel to the 'On' position with the key, then there is a hole in the body
where you push in a pin punch and depress a pin.  Pull the key out still in
the On position, the barrel comes with it.  Look at your new barrel to see
where the pin is.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org