RE: [TR] Problem assemblying U-Joints

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Problem assemblying U-Joints
From: "Kentech Home Technology" <kentech@midmaine.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:51:37 -0400
I changed my 4A u-joints trying all the methods suggested, including losing
a roller in the bottom of a cap and breaking it, resulting in buying another
u-joint. Finally the press trick worked best. I was frustrated.

But when I brought the 3A propshaft in to a shop for balancing and
installing my own new u-joints. They charged $10 to r&r both u-joints, $34
for balancing. This was last February. I will never change u-joints again
myself. It's cheap to have the shop do it and much less frustrating (for me
at least). They added that if I purchased their spicer u-joints from them,
install would be no charge.

===     http://www.vtr.org