Re: [TR] brake fluid proof paint?

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] brake fluid proof paint?
From: "Mark" <mini@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:10:31 -0500
Paul,

I just went through this and have two suggestions.  Some tell me that the
epoxy based appliance paint will hold up well to DOT 4, I have NO first hand
experience.  Second, and what I had done, was to have the part (a Bugeye
Pedal Box) powder coated.  I can tell you I put it back together this
weekend and spilled some fluid, no apparent ill effects.  I also only cost a
little more than a couple of cans of pricey epoxy paint and I didn't have to
try and get all of the old paint off.

Mark
Nashville
http://www.nashvilletn.org/TR4/