Re: [TR] 2006 VTR National Convention

To: tr4driver@gmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] 2006 VTR National Convention
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:02:29 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/2006 10:34:11 AM Central Standard Time,
tr4driver@gmail.com writes:
> I'm thinking seriously about attending the 2006 VTR National
> Convention in the Dallas/Fort Worth area next month (if I haven't
> waited too long), but I'm not sure what it's really "all about."  I
> want to drive my TR4 down and be a part of everything, but my car
> isn't what I would consider show worthy.  How many of you all are
> planning to attend, and can anyone give me a little more info and
> "what to expect" sort of stuff?

By all means go.  It's close for you.  Closer that it is likely to be in the
foreseeable future.  There is a laundry list of activities and no one cars
what your car looks like in driving events - just so long as it isn't a Miata.
The camaraderie is great and meeting some of the folks from the list is also a
neat experience.

Go to the VTR website and click on the National Convention button and you
will see what is on tap for attendees.  The Funcourse (or gymkhana) is just for
fun, the scenic tour is a low pressure event.  Most folks approach the
Autocross with the same attitude but there are some serious folks out there
which can
be exciting.  And there is a TSD ralley for the divorce court bound.  Tech
sessions are worth fitting in.

And don't forget to volunteer to be a concours judge.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6
80 TR8