[TR] TR6 front end vibration

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR6 front end vibration
From: robertrudolphi@netscape.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 08:57:45 -0400
Hello all,

I have started getting a severe vibration that comes through the steering wheel
of my 74 TR6. I get virtually no vibration under 50 MPH but it is really bad
between 60 and 70. I have tried rotating the tires and it does not seem to make
a difference. I have older Vredsetein tires 185/15 that I just had re-balanced
and that made no difference. I have rotated all the tires and that made no
difference. I did inspect all 4 tires and see no evidence of defects, I used to
sell tires so i know what to look for. I guess it is possible to have numerous
internal ply separations on the tires over the winter. Some things I have been
thinking about doing;

Take wheels and tires to Ye old Wheel shop to see if wheels out of round. Only
1/2 hour from my home.
Buy new tires.
Inspect something in the front end to see if that could be issue, but what
should I look at?

Any other suggestions

Thank You

Robert