Re: [TR] converting a TR3 to dual circuit brakes

To: lmtr4a@ctlnet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] converting a TR3 to dual circuit brakes
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 07:50:33 EDT
In a message dated 6/4/2006 8:03:38 PM Central Standard Time,
lmtr4a@ctlnet.com writes:
> >A fellow (I forget his name) in Indianpolis retrofitted a TR6 brake master
> >cylinder, complete with booster, into a TR3B.  He did a good looking job,
> too.
> >
> >Dave
>
> That had to be John Ewell!  John is an ex (retired) electrical engineer from
> Ford in Indianapolis.  Most TR people in the midwest are familiar with
> John's white 3B.  The only thing still stock in John's engine compartment is
> the original block.   No email but you can call him at 317-291-3634.

I saw his car only once at the Rockford VTR in 1995 (or was it Hudson in 98?)
and for the originality purist he is an anathema with his Ford V8 distributor
(with four posts removed) and his TR4 steering rack and all the other
modifications he has done but to us engineer-minded folks the beauty of the
execution
and the good sense in the selection of the parts he used is truly remarkable.
 He got my vote.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org