Re: [TR] Top down at night

To: jmerone@rocketmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Top down at night
From: TOMJOANNMI@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 07:13:12 EDT
 If you aren't doing some top-down drives at night in your Triumph then you
are missing out on some of the most enjoyable experiences you can have -
especially when it's hot out.  Things sound different, smell different, and
temperature changes are dramatic on your skin.  Whether out on a country lane
or
cruising the boulevard it can't be beat.  Even doing the interstate is fun.
One
show we went to years ago featured The Lucas Lights Out Tour - a kind of drive
wish other organizers would hold.

"A gentleman never motors about after dark?"  Phooey!

Joe Merone
CF18928

I agree wholeheartedly. That's what I miss most. As my TR6 restoration nears
completion, my urge to drive top down at night in the warm summer is peaking.
Can't wait to hear the sounds and feel the wind that has been missing for
almost 25 years now!

Tom Miller
75 TR6   (new electrical harness in, interior installation continues) Won't
be long now!!

===     http://www.vtr.org