[TR] Garage Excavation Yields TR6 Bumper... And Then Some

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Garage Excavation Yields TR6 Bumper... And Then Some
From: "Jerry Cole" <cole.jw@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 17:01:31 -0700
Good afternoon all.

 I've been silent on the list for a year or two. Projects around the house
have had me buried. Digging in my garage, I found a TR6 bumper. With further
digging, I found it had a TR6 attached. I seem to remember having it...

 I have had some sunny days here in Tacoma, WA., so I dug out the box of brand
new parts that I had bought for it and started work. Can I call it work? It
really isn't, since it's fun.

 The engine is tuned nicely and has that addictive TR6 sound. A quick trip to
the petrol station for about $5000 in petrol (10 gallons or so) and I got to
go for some victory runs in the sun. That completed, I have set to the task of
removing the wings and chemically stripping them. The passenger's side this
time. I did the driver's side some time back.

 Even stripped of paint, it's a thing of beauty. I don't think there is a car
made, that I desire more than the TR6. What has stopped me from finishing it
for so long? I have absolutely no idea. It feels good to be back on the right
track.

 Jerry Cole
 Lakewood, WA.
 1972 TR6 (Helen Back)