RE: [TR] TR3 Turn Signl Wiring

To: <mrv8q@netscape.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3 Turn Signl Wiring
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:29:01 -0800
> >Correct, Randall, lever to the left, right blink; lever to the
> right, right blink.... I did have the front apron off... Thanks!

As many times as I've had the apron off, I've still never come up with a
better method than just buzzing out the control head every time.   The color
codes are invisible on my car and labels tend to fall off, even if I don't
have to pull the control head (labels of course won't fit through the stator
tube).

Turn the lever to the left, find which two wires have continuity.
Turn it to the right, find which two wires have continuity.
The common wire then goes to the green/brown harness wire (which will have a
single connector if you're working on a LHS car).
The wire with continuity only with the lever on the left goes to green/red
(double connector with 3 other wires on LHS).
The wire with continuity only with the lever on the right goes to
green/white (double connector with 2 other wires on LHS).
The leftover wire goes to brown/black (double connector with 2 other wires
on LHS).

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org