Re: Optima battery

To: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Subject: Re: Optima battery
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:48:22 -0500
Steve,

Batteries are generally categorized by group#.   See the url below
for the BCI (Battery Council International) . I just replaced the
battery in 63TR3B and it took a group 27.  The TR4 workshop
manual  calls for one with a 51amp/hr rating.
http://www.rtpnet.org/~teaa/bcigroup.html

I've always remarked that the batteries in the 3&4 were almost as big
as the engine and I wondered what was powering what!

Doug

===     http://www.vtr.org