Re: Lighting a Candle (was: Piggot)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lighting a Candle (was: Piggot)
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:19:53 -0500
On Friday 16 December 2005 18:09, Gerald M Van Vlack wrote:
> Yes I have a comment, Why set up another place for information? We have
> TRA, VTR, this list and it's archives not to mention all of the list
> members and a myriad of single marque clubs.
> As many know I'm a big supporter of VTR. Why not incorporate something in
> association with VTR?
> Here come the same flames!
> JVV

The complaint is that the most accessable source of text and image information
-- Piggott's book -- is flawed. It seems it could use some correction from
the repository of community knowledge.

It's not a VTR problem, but it's certainly within their power to develop a
knowledge base using a wiki. There's no reason to not to have an association,
but it makes more sense to do it under the control of the people who
contribute, and who shouldn't have to be VTR members. And, it shouldn't be
owned (in the sense of the copyright) by the VTR, but owned by the community.

If the VTR wants to organize and publish the information using a wiki
environment (to make it easily interactive) and using a Creative Commons
license (to make it freely available), that's fine with me. VTR?

--
Hoyt
(VTR member)

===     http://www.vtr.org