Re: Browns Spitfire

To: tr3driver@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Browns Spitfire
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:53:13 EDT
Randal,
Thanks for all the info.  Yes, I suppose the Spit is shorting  somewhere.  It
is a 76.  I remember it has some melted white  wires within the harness from
past battles. I suspect that may be the  problem but it is a tough fix.  I
have a spare harness that I have yet  to install.  The problem has been long
term
but only surfaces now and  then and is very intermittent.  She will go for a
year or two with no  issues and then just go nuts until settling down again.
I have her  going again so maybe she will hold a few more years or if it is
time a total  rebuild including that NOS frame leaning up against the garage
wall may be in  order.
Thanks Again, My Son in Law is in charge of electrical issues so I will  make
him read your suggestions.
Cheers,
Darrell