RE: getting the cart before the horse, no lbc

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: getting the cart before the horse, no lbc
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:37:21 -0700
> I find that sometimes my spam controls send list messages to my
> trash folder.  I'll find the original message there.  I used to
> delete trash without checking...now I check.

FWIW, I use rules to move all my list mail to a separate folder, which does
not get scanned for spam.  (M$ Outlook handles this by adding "stop
processing rules" to the actions list.)

I also gave up on a "content based" spam filter ... the spammers are getting
very good at slipping messages past them and what good is a filter where you
have to read through the piles of spam anyway.  Now I only filter on what IP
domain it came through last, which is about 75% successful at eliminating
spam.

Randall