oil pressure gauge communication from block?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil pressure gauge communication from block?
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:27:59 -0500
List,
The closer I get to starting my TR3a motor for the first time, the more
stupid little problems I run into.
I have a purolator  spin on oil filter conversion. There is a stud coming
out that seems to be the one the banjo fitting should go over to comunicate
oil to the oil pressure gauge. Except, the stud (which is NLA in the
catolog) just seems to be a solid stud with no comunicating cross drilled
passages that I can see. (I haven't tried to remove it for a closer look
yet, but I couldn't see a cross drilled hole with a mirror.)  Also it looks
like when the cap nut is threaded on it will not go far enough to tighten
against the banjo fitting.

Am I missing something entirely? Does oil come out AROUND the stud?  I'm
just going by the diagram in the moss catolog on the oil filters page to
figure this out, someone else dissasembled it long ago.

Is there an easier way to tap into oil pressure? This is not a show car so
I'm not real worried about originality on something like this.

Thanks,
Curt

WWW.essex1.com/people/fishnet/ <http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/>
Spritely Vintage Racing Homepage.

"Racing is life, everything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.

"Compared to Road Racing, heroin addiction is like a vague longing for
something salty"