Re: TR3 doors

To: danb@thelittlemacshop.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 doors
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:31:16 EDT
In a message dated 9/19/2005 9:14:03 AM Central Standard Time,
danb@thelittlemacshop.com writes:
> My 57 TR3 (TS15098L) has wooden-framed doors with no holes.  I am not
> certain they are original - anything could have happened over the
> years - but they fit quite nicely so I assume they are not from a
> much later car.
>
> What number is your TR3?  Late cars, near TS22xxx, are probably
> fairly likely to have had some 3A parts on them.

Oops.  I guess I left that part out.  TS18010L.  So it is later than your car
but not quite to the TS22xxx numbers.  Knowing the "restorer" the way I do it
is quite likely that he swapped out some natty TR3 doors for some clean TR4
doors and covered the hole.

But on the other hand, maybe the factory did it.

(Just kidding.  Even the factory would have done a cleaner job of it.

Dave