Re: Triumph Values

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph Values
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:26:04 -0700
Dear Listers,

RE:  Triumph Values

Just waiy 'till they run out of reasonably restorable Healeys and the
prices shoot up to almost $100K - The TR6s are already following the
Healeys up the scale and eventually the next tier of punters will discover
that a TR3/4 will suck the headlights out of an MG or Sunbeam Alpine and
they will be considered the "mini-Healey 100/4" by the auctioneers and
those will follow the TR6s up that same scale. It just will take time.
Kieth Martin of the Sports Car Market just published the virtues of
collecting a $!5,000 MGB for future investment - if you think that we might
not be running out of decent Healeys.  Consider the plight of the poor
Morris Minor owner.  These are some of the only old cars that are actually
LOSING value.

Sure they ane underpowered and have silly little brakes but they look cool
and have models from Vans and Pickups to convertibles and woodies. Extreme
cheap-car syndrome. VW beetles are also dropping about the same. Try
selling a Herald or even worse, a Standard 10.

What is really strange to me is how people are getting $15 grand for
Messerschmitts, Isettas, and Citroen 2CVs - cars that are way less roadable
than the Herald or Minor.

Sorry, just some useless random thoughts.

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice, California