On street racing wind screen use?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: On street racing wind screen use?
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:34:43 -0500
List,
As I impatiantly anticipate getting my TR3A on the road next spring, I'm
thinking about an alternative to the stock windscreen. My glass would have
to be replaced anyway, so I'm considering alternatives. I am planning to run
with a Tonnue cover and not even buy a top since it will be a fair weather
only vehicle. Since the stock windscreen allows you to be buffetted a lot
anyway, it doesn't seem like there is a lot to loose from using either a
Brooklands style set of windscreens or a very cut down windscreen, perhaps
with plexiglass like a lot of vintage racers use. I ran a homemade
Brooklands type windscreen on my TR3A when I was in high school back in in
the 70's. I'm wondering if the police are likely to question that nowadays
(I live in Illinois) I haven't checked the illinois dmv statutes closely yet
though. Guess I will have to see what requirements are since I also need to
re-title the car that was last titled in another state many years ago.

Anyway, anyone had any experience recently with racing type non-stock
windscreens on the street?

Cheers,
Curt

WWW.essex1.com/people/fishnet/ Spritely Vintage Racing Homepage.
"Racing is life, everything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.
"Compared to Road Racing, heroin addiction is like a vague longing for
something salty"