The car Gods smile

To: "" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The car Gods smile
From: "" <chammock@iquest.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:42:35 -0500
Thought you'd get a kick out of this.
For long-story reasons, I had to quickly "store" my tr3a last fall - just
after halloween.
I drove it in to my mom's garage - about 30 miles away, covered it with the
car cover and left - knowing I would come back the next week and do the ususal
storage routine.  yep, you guessed it - did not do a thing unitl I went to try
and start it last week ( a second long story).  The batery was completely
discharged, so I took it home ahd trickled it for a few days.
Went back yesterday, took out the plugs and cranked it over until there was
oil pressure.  Put the plugs back in, hit the key and it started on the second
crank.  Put a little injector cleaner in the 1/4 tank of old gas and went for
a spin.  Amazing.  Everything worked smoothly, the tires weren't flat spotted,
brakes and clutch free, overdrive snappend in and out triumphantly, all
electrics present and accounted for -- it seemed to really enjoy being back
out in the sun.  In five years of ownership, it has never gone more than a
couple of weeks without being driven - even in winter, so this was a real test
of the old car's patience.
This all happening while BOTH of my European cars are in the shop for warranty
and electronic gremlins.  Simple may just be best after all.

Perry Hammock
TS 70k - LO