RE: smoke/steam/vapor from oil filler cap

To: "Andrew Frink" <drewfrink@mac.com>
Subject: RE: smoke/steam/vapor from oil filler cap
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:25:38 -0400
Drew, your car comes from the time when smoking was good; showed character and
being green meant sea-sickness. Leaks are good since they show that you haven't
run out of oil yet. Smoke is also good since it indicates that the car runs.
Fire, now fire is bad and means you should run too.

The key is to figure out how much smoke indicates fire and, like the song said,
when to run. But you have to be careful since, in British cars, most smoke
indicates leaks (typically onto the exhaust pipe) and not fire. It's an art;
you'll learn.

Cheers,

Mark