Re: VTR 2005

To: spitlist@cox.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR 2005
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:38:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/4/05 11:53:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, spitlist@cox.net
writes:

> Darrel,
> I wonder how much the recent uproar about the VTR and the lack of
> respect that has always been afforded to Spitfires contributed to that
> BOS award.  Seems to me that it is very much of a coincidence that it
> happeded at the first VTR following that lengthy and heated exchange.

That whole discussion has been going on for years now.  Bill McDivet put an
article in the TVT around two years ago and he was been complaining that the
little Triumph's get no respect for over a decade.  This year a very worthy 79
Pageant Blue Spitfire was chosen by 7 Judging Team Captains after reviewing all
the 1st place winners in class. It was very close between a Stag, TR3A and
TR6.  The vote was not unanimous but it was pretty close to that and the
majority ruled.  I was most likely the only person participated in the recent
uproar
so I will simply say that the Spitfire was the best Concours Car on the field
in Rockford.
Darrell