RE: The value of analogue - New Sports cars vs. old - very long

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The value of analogue - New Sports cars vs. old - very long
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:41:41 -0700
> So what's the pattern for keepers vs. old junk?
>
> Tech guys will immediately notice the pattern. Every single thing
> with a digital output has been rendered completely worthless, or
> unusable/incompatible with more modern equipment.

I don't see it quite that way, Mark.  My old digital clocks, for example, are
still very useful.  So is the digital ECU in my 10 year old LBC support vehicle.
I'll grant you that general purpose digital computers have improved very rapidly
... "driving" a 10 year old computer is about like driving a 100 year old car,
it might be fun but it's hardly practical.  But somewhere around here I've got a
20 year old computer that would do just fine for reading the list.

And building a digital ECU from scratch in 40 years won't be any more difficult
than building a Stanley Steamer boiler today ...

Randall