Re: Daylight running lights

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Daylight running lights
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:14:50 -0000
Hi John
Sorry to hear about you being hit from behind, I hope the fact that you
report no injuries indicates that you (and your new wife if she was with
you) escaped without injury. Also I guess it is some small consolation that
it was not a classic that was totalled.
On the note of the pleading father, is he offering to settle your loss in
full, if so it could be that this would actually turn out to be the hardest
lesson that the lad could learn, (this sort of thing can hang over one for a
long time or until the dept is repaid) and it might just act as a better
deterrent than just claiming on the insurance and retaking a test in what
six months?
OTOH if dad is asking you to replace / repair your own car then I guess the
insurance it is.
Please don't ask how I know about this, I was once distracted whilst in
command of a car!

Graham.