Re: Tranny Number location found

To: "List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tranny Number location found
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:31:32 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>

Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 11:52 PM
Subject: Tranny Number location found

> I found the correct location of a TR4 tranny number in the Moss
> catalog.  So tomorrow night I go out & see if I can find the number.
> In the mean time can anyone point me to a URL that will tell me how
> the transmission number map on to  the years.

John:

As the Moss catalog has told you the tranny number for a 4 or 4A will be on
the left side, stampted on the boss of the clutch lever.  The number will
have a CT prefix followed by 5 digits without a sufix.  Darn near impossible
to see the number insitu buy good luck anyway.  The tranny number would have
shadowed the original car's commission number + or - a few hundred.
Impossible to determine the car your tranny originated from because Triumph
never recorded that on the build sheet.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana