Re: TR4 dash support bracket

To: "McRuss" <wtrrtw@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 dash support bracket
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj123@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:07:10 -0600
> I'm looking for the piece that connects the dash to the dash support,
> holds a radio or extra switches.  I've seen them
> on Ebay in the past but was fortunate enough (or wealthy enough) to get
> one.  Any help?

Russ,

Here a link to a plan I drew up to have one fabricated for my TR4 (based on
the measurements I took off of my car an pictures I'd seen of the piece on
other cars).

http://members.cox.net/1963tr4/Miscellaneous/TR4_Radio_Bracket.pdf

It's probably not exactly correct, but it worked fine for me.  I just took
this plan to a local machine shop and had them make it.  I think it cost me
about $30.00.  BTW, I ended up having mine made without the taper (a uniform
width of 8").  Otherwise, the lower corners of the radio I had would have
stuck out.  I'd be happy to send you a picture of mine installed in the car
if you're interested.

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L