SPACERS? was shock removal process

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SPACERS? was shock removal process
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:08:46 -0500
Alan,
I don't think one must 'grab ahold' of the spring plate with the bottom of the
internal coil spring remover.  To do this would not allow the spring plate to
be removed in 1 step.  Rather, what I am IN THE PROCESS of doing, is catching
ahold of the spring 2/3 of the way down it's length and compressing it upward.
This allows the spring plate to remain 'free' for removal.   Grabbing the
spring midway, like I'm doing, proably just results in a quicker procedure.
Correct?

ANOTHER ISSUE:
I think my 60 TR3A springs are suppose to measure 9.75" (whenever I manage to
get them out!) and I am aware that 'a thick packing piece' is used to make
them an inch or two taller).  At a VTR auction I won two aluminum like spacers
(about 1/2" thick and the correct diameter).  I was thinking that maybe by
'adding' these spacers that I could raise my front end if the exisiting
springs have fatiqued.  Question: What do people think about this?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey