Re: Original Color Steel Wheels - TR4

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Original Color Steel Wheels - TR4
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:43:43 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Henningsen" <trguy@cfl.rr.com>
To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 2:49 PM
Subject: Original Color Steel Wheels - TR4

> Anyone know the correct color for steel wheels on a 1963 TR4?  If so, any
> brand of spray paints that you have used that match well?  Thanks in
> advance!
>
> Jim Henningsen
> Maitland, FL
> 63 TR4 (2nd owner-me)

Jim:

According to TRA's Judging Guidelines, steel wheels on the TR4 until March
of 1963 were a "warm" silver similar to the silver on the wire wheels.  In
March of 63 the steel wheel color was changed to "Spa White".  I don't have
a brand of spray paint to suggest but can find if no one on the list can
recommend.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana