Adventure Finish ...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Adventure Finish ...
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:57:52 -0800
For those of you waiting for any kind of news, we have arrived safely
home in "Rosey", after 2731 miles in 5 days (546.2/day).  And we are
still married ... AnnaBelle is a crackerjack navigator and we were
never lost, managed to dodge all the bad weather and were never even
rained on ... we did have some fog going through Arkansas, but no
real problem.
Biggest headache was stopping every 200 miles for gas... seems the
fuel tank leaks when filled  *&^&%&^$^%(&*%^^ ... ah well ...
Many thanks to the Thorntons of Bowling Green for their gracious
southern hospitality, had a great time, even attended our first High
School basketball game in over 50  years  ...
Thanks to Joe Curry for a great lunch in Sahaurito  (siq)  Chile
Colorado for me and enchiladas for AnnaBelle.
More thanks to Jim Bauder for putting us up for the night in Phoenix
and then giving us his "secret" shortcut to Bakersfield via some
really great desert roads, really made the trip for us.
I will post some more statistics when I get it all figured out.
AnnaBelle kept a diary of the trip and it would make a great book <G>

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L