TR3 Fuel Gauge

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 Fuel Gauge
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:57:56 -0700
Anyone know of a website or have info on the internals of the TR3A fuel
gauge?

Mine hasn't worked for ages and I finally got around to opening it up.
The fine copper wires have broken loose from the connections for the
left hand/empty side magnet.  Looks like one end if the winding goes to
the plate on the end of the armature and the other to the lug on the
input terminal but can't tell which wire goes where..

I'll confess I don't really know how this works but it would seem likely
that the left hand magnet will need to have the opposite polarity of the
right hand magnet.

Yes I know that these can be rebuilt or more likely good used are
available - but I'm not giving up yet.  TIA

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ