Re: TR4A Pistons

To: William Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4A Pistons
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:06:08 -0800
Not sure about the "split" but be sure and check the number and
placement of the  rings...when I  described  my pistons (two  of
which had broken lands) to Ken of  British Frame and Engine, telling
him that  there was one ring BELOW the  wrist pin ... he  laughed,
then told me that what I had were  Tractor Pistons, that were never
designed to go  above 2500 RPM!!

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L